Saturday, March 7, 2009

The NUNS • Discography


The Nuns are a huge favorite of mine. I had heard a couple songs on comps (Rodney On The ROQ, etc.) and I loved Jennifer Miro's (the most beautiful blonde in New Wave... yeah I said it!!! she beats Debbie!) singing. When I first got the full length LP I didn't quite like it for the first week or two. Then it grew on me... super bad. I eventually sold it for rent in the 'great record depression' of 2003 and, along with everything else, have always kicked myself for it. It's taken me another 6 years to find it again without eBay and I present it to you, along with the first 7" and the only good track from the second 7".

LITTLE KNOWN FACT: in going along with the NOVAK discography I posted earlier, their demo recording was produced by NOVAK which I have yet to unearth. I'm telling you, NOVAK was a genius. Shoulda' stuck with music.

DISCOGRAPHY (while still good...)
The Nuns "Savage" 7"
The Beat 7"
The Nuns s/t LP

I only included the one studio recording from the "The Beat" single as the other two are live recordings that are not very good in the least. Also, Jennifer had left the band at this time. The s/t LP was recorded posthumously in 1980. That guy from Posh Boy got the band back together to record the album but the main song writer, Alejandro Escovedo, didn't want to play again so they had another guitar player do the recording. They went on (sort of) after the LP came out and they split again, but Jennifer had pretty much an entirely new band and it went into a terrible goth direction. She apparently still records and plays under the "NUNS" name but it's still that odd old City Club shit. She also became a domiatrix and has done "video's" from what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment